Lumentum has developed a state-of-the-art facility for the production of custom specialty fiber. The facility is a key element in Lumentum’s objective to become a fully vertically integrated manufacturer for kW fiber lasers. Lumentum produces a wide range of optical fibers and fiber-based components.
The Lumentum state-of-the-art facility for fiber development and manufacturing includes preform fabrication capability using custom-developed modified chemical vapor deposition (MCVD) technology combined with proprietary in-house rare-earth doping systems.
Fiber doping options include:
- Germanium, phosphorus, fluorine, aluminum, titanium, boron
- Rare earth ions: Yb, Ce, Er, Nd, Ho, Tm, Eu, Sm
Our technology can accommodate:
- Coating applicators: open-cup or pressurized; single- or dual-layer, wet-on-dry, or wet-on-wet
- Fiber diameters from 50 µm to over 1000 µm
- Fiber types: double-clad, triple-clad, round, octagonal
All fibers are tested using industry-standard metrology processes:
- Geometrical measurements
- Numerical aperture
- Proof strength test using 4-axis bend tester
Lumentum can provide the right solution for your fiber requirements
Please contact us to discuss your specialty fiber needs. Lumentum will work with you to develop a fiber solution based on your specifications and schedule.